Out of the all the Blackjack variants currently available on online casinos and in the land based casinos; Spanish 21 Blackjack can be considered as the most popular one. Majority of beginners usually get confused and consider Spanish 21 Blackjack as another card game with no relation to classic Blackjack. In reality this game is just one of the variant of Blackjack and follows same rules with some additional features. It must be taken into account while opting between these two most popular casino card games that both come with their own advantages and disadvantages.
Difference between Blackjack and Spanish 21 Blackjack
The basic layout of the Spanish 21 Blackjack is just like that of a classic Blackjack. The only difference you will find when you visit a casino is that the layout for the former clearly indicates the game as Spanish 21. The “Bonus 21 Payouts” as well as “Match the Dealer” are visible being printed on the layout.
This game is usually played with 8 Spanish decks of cards. Each deck used in this game consists of 48 cards instead of the usual 52 cards. This shortage of four cards is due to the removal of all Tens from a deck. This means that a Spanish deck comes only with 2-9, J, Q, K and A cards for all colors.
General Rules Associated with Spanish 21 Blackjack
Some of the significant rules associated with Spanish 21 Blackjack are
- Six or eight Spanish decks get dealt from the Shoe or CSM (Continuous Shuffling Machine).
- All the cards have the same value as in the French suited 52 cards deck.
- Dealer hits on the 16 and stands on the 17.
- Blackjack received by the player beats that of the dealer.
- Facility of splitting cards of equal value, including Aces, is provided.
- Early surrender is not allowed.
- Late surrender is allowed by forfeiting ½ value of the original wager.
- Double after split is allowed. This means that if a player ends up with two similar value cards, these two cards can be split to make two hands. After splitting, a player is allowed to double his or her bet.
- Surrender after doubling is allowed. This option allows a player to forfeit amount equal to his original bet.
- Only dealer is allowed to check under Ace or Face card.
Bonuses Associated with Spanish 21 Blackjack
Apart from regular 21 bets, casinos can either offer a single bonus option or both out of the two that include
- Match The Dealer Up Card Bonus Wager
- Match The Dealer Down Card Bonus Wager
Match the Dealer Up Card Bonus Wager
A Match the Dealer Up Card bonus requires that either one or both of the player’s original two cards of the hand being dealt are of same match for the dealer’s up card.
Match the Dealer Down Card Bonus Wager
A Match the Dealer Up Card bonus requires that either one or both of the player’s original two cards of the hand being dealt are of same match for the dealer’s down card.
Usually there are two payoff amounts designated for both of these bonuses. The payout of these bonuses depends upon the number of card decks used in the game. In order to avail these bonuses, a player is required to place a bet either on Match the Dealer Up Card bonus wager circle or the other one.