Caribbean Poker is a game of skill and a favorite of the masses, moreover, the most popular casino games you can find online stable in the majority of brick and mortar casinos too. The game is very popular since it has a very low house edge about many other table games and can also in large payouts from progressive jackpots or even just regular play.
These are two major things that people usually look for in any casino games low house edge and also a chance to big payouts. It also does not hurt since the game is very easy to understand and play.
The simple object of Caribbean Stud Poker is to make a better five card poker hand than the dealer. As long as you know poker hand rankings you will easily be able to understand the game.
The steps that take place in one hand of Caribbean Stud Poker
- You make an ante bet, as well as an optional $1 progressive jackpot side wager.
- You and the dealer are then both dealt 5 cards. All player cards are dealt face up while all but one dealer card are dealt face down.
- You must now decide whether to raise or fold. If you fold you lose your ante and side bets, but if you raise you must triple your ante wager (make a raise worth twice the ante)
- The dealer will now show his other four cards.
- To qualify for the hand, the dealer must have at least an Ace-King high. If the dealer does not qualify you win even money on the ante wager and get the raise bet back. If the dealers hand does qualify and beats your hand, then you lose both the ante bet and raise. If your hand beats a qualified dealer hand, then you are paid even money on the ante bet and the raise wager is paid out based on the Caribbean Stud payout table.
Caribbean Stud payouts
Royal Flush: 100 to 1
Straight Flush: 50 to 1
Four Of A Kind: 20 to 1
Full House: 7 to 1
Straight: 4 to 1
Three Of A Kind: 3 to 1
Two Pair: 2 to 1
Pair And Under: 1 to 1
The basic strategy is very simple and only has two rules below.
- Always raise when you have at least a pair.
- Always fold when you have lower than Ace-King high.
As you can see this is basically what the dealer does, and these two simple rules will lower the house edge a great deal compared to if you were just going with your gut.
Caribbean Stud is is found at many online casinos and can be fun even if you just try it out for play money. If you wish to play for real money at an online casino, make sure you do your research to ensure that you sign up at a reputable and trustworthy online casino. There are many quality online casinos to choose from, but it is always smart to set up your account with an established brand.